Abandoned barbecue causes fire on Isles of Scilly
AN ABANDONED barbecue caused a fire on the Isles of Scilly last night.
Crews from Tresco and St Mary's were mobilised, though not required, in addition to a response team from St Martin's who tackled the flames at around 9.30pm after being alerted to the incident by Falmouth Coastguard.
Members of the public aboard a yacht moored in St Martin's Bay had spotted a patch of gorse alight on the island and reported it to the emergency services moments earlier.
Firefighters used a high pressure hose to extinguish the flames.
Free DT333 System Phone with all New NCP Panasonic Business...View details
Make Sure Your Business In Cornwall Chooses The Correct Business Telephone System At The Most Competitive Price.
Approved Panasonic Telecommunications Installer.
Terms: Terms: Please Quote This Genuine Offer When Booking An Appointment With Your Telecommunication Engineer. We Also Offer A Demonstration Of The Proposed System Please Ask For This Free Service
Contact: 01726 213808
Valid until: Monday, March 31 2014
The fire service confirmed the cause was a barbecue left at the scene.