Former Bodmin striker Hobbs allowed to make return to football
Former Bodmin Town striker Glynn Hobbs is in line for a shock return to football - just weeks after being banned from playing.
The 26-year-old was told by a court that he was not allowed to play football as part of an interim Anti Social Behaviour Order (ASBO), which was imposed last month.
However, Plymouth magistrates agreed to lift that part of the ASBO on Friday.
Lawyer Dylan Sadler, for Plymouth City Council, said that he was happy for Hobbs to be allowed back on the pitch.
Free DT333 System Phone with all New NCP Panasonic Business...View details
Make Sure Your Business In Cornwall Chooses The Correct Business Telephone System At The Most Competitive Price.
Approved Panasonic Telecommunications Installer.
Terms: Terms: Please Quote This Genuine Offer When Booking An Appointment With Your Telecommunication Engineer. We Also Offer A Demonstration Of The Proposed System Please Ask For This Free Service
Contact: 01726 213808
Valid until: Monday, March 31 2014
Only weeks after he was given an ASBO banning him from the game, Hobbs pleaded guilty to inflicting grievous bodily harm on December 12 last year.
The confession came just two weeks after the controversial forward was banned from playing football in Devon and Cornwall under an Anti Social Behaviour Order.
Hobbs joined Bodmin in September last year and made 22 appearances in all competitions, scoring 15 goals.
His last appearance for Bodmin came on February 27 in the Throgmorton Cup quarter-final against Saltash United.
Four days earlier he had been sent off for an alleged elbow on an opponent against Plymouth Parkway.
Hobbs will be back in court in relation to the assault matter on October 21 this year.