Boy's hoax: Tregony house fire call risked lives
A BOY risked putting lives in danger when he made a 999 prank call to say his family were trapped inside a burning house.
An investigation has been launched following the call, which was received from a public pay phone in Fore Street, Tregony, yesterday at about 8.10pm.
Firefighters from St Dennis and Truro and an ambulance were scrambled to the village after the boy called raising the alarm that his house was on fire and his mum, dad and sister were trapped inside.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
But a search discovered no blaze.
The hoax call came as other emergency services rushed to a serious crash on the A30, near Bodmin. "
Whilst the emergency services were investigating this call, they were not available to respond to any genuine emergencies that may have occurred in the area", said a fire service spokesman.
Similar calls have been made to the ambulance service over the past few evenings, which has prompted the suspicion the boy lives in Tregony.
Parents are urged to speak to their children about the dangers of hoax calls.
Anyone with information should call the police.