Broken power cable causes field fire near Bodmin
A fallen power cable set light to a field near Bodmin, North Cornwall, yesterday afternoon. Firefighters from the town were sent to the field, off the Old Coach Road, at Lamorrick, at around 2.30pm, after receiving reports that electric cables were smouldering. They arrived to find that the main overhead electric cable had fallen to the ground, and sparked a fire around 50 metres long. Crews were unable to immediately tackle the straw fire until the power was isolated. Officers used beaters to extinguish the fire and remained at the scene until the electricity cable had been made safe.