Campfire safety reminder after incident near Penzance school
THE FIRE service has sent out a reminder about campfire safety after tackling an unattended bonfire in a wood near Mounts Bay School yesterday.
One appliance from Penzance extinguished the fire in Poltair Wood off Boscathnoe Lane shortly after 8.30pm.
Gary Rich, watch manager, said: "If anybody is camping and building campfires make sure to extinguish it properly before leaving."
He advised anyone carrying out a controlled burn to phone fire control on 01872 323761 so that the fire service is aware.