Elderly couple rescued from Mount Hawke house after carbon monoxide poisoning
An elderly couple were pulled from their house following a suspected case of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Firefighters from Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service managed to get the couple out from their house in Mount Hawke last night.
Fire crews were called after a neighbour raised the alarm.
The fire service said: "Six firefighters from Redruth were mobilised along with an Officer specially trained in the use of a gas detector. On their arrival two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus removed the two elderly occupants from the house."
Free DT333 System Phone with all New NCP Panasonic Business...View details
Make Sure Your Business In Cornwall Chooses The Correct Business Telephone System At The Most Competitive Price.
Approved Panasonic Telecommunications Installer.
Terms: Terms: Please Quote This Genuine Offer When Booking An Appointment With Your Telecommunication Engineer. We Also Offer A Demonstration Of The Proposed System Please Ask For This Free Service
Contact: 01726 213808
Valid until: Monday, March 31 2014
The casualties were treated at the scene by paramedics and taken to hospital.
The fire service said: "A positive reading for carbon monoxide was taken by the gas detector in the premise. Fire crews investigated and established the cause of the build up of carbon monoxide to have come from a blocked flue in a solid fuel heating system."