Falmouth resident rescued from house fire in Prislow Fields
A Falmouth resident had to be rescued from their home in the early hours of this morning after a blaze broke out in the property.
Neighbours in Prislow Fields alerted the fire brigade after hearing alarms sounding just before 3.30am and spotted flames coming from the property.
They have been praised with saving lives.
Two crews from Falmouth were sent to the scene and managed to wake one of the two occupants, who managed to get out by themselves, but the second person was found on the floor of the kitchen and had to carried out.
Buy one get one free on main course and specials excludes fillet steaks and beef wellingtons
Must book to qualify and present voucher on arrival 01209860332
Contact: 01209 700617
Valid until: Wednesday, December 11 2013
Both were suffering from smoke inhalation and were treated by paramedics on the scene.
THe British Red Cross Fire and Emergency Support Service also attended to offer help and support to the occupants.
A spokesman for the brigade said: "Although a smoke alarm was sounding, it had now woken the residents of the house on fire. Fortunately neighbours responded and took the correct action dialing 999.
"Their actions have prevented the loss of life."
It is believed the fire started in the kitchen as a result of food on the cooker being left unattended.