Firefighters called to two chimney fires in Cornwall
Fire crews tackled two chimney fires in Cornwall yesterday.
At 11.30 am a crew from Falmouth was scrambled to a house in the Stithians area. The firefighters extinguished the fire and carried out safety checks before leaving the property.
At around 2.20pm a crew from Liskeard used high pressured jets to extinguish a second chimney fire at a house in East Taphouse.
No one is believed to have been hurt during either incident.
Single £30, Single 2 drawer £50, small double £60, Double £60, King size £70 - All Deep Base Divan Bases. We also have a Superking Bed Frame for £150 reduced from £529.95.
All prices are for bases only.
Only while stocks last
Contact: 01752 425126
Valid until: Friday, March 14 2014
Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service issues the following advice to help prevent chimney fires:
• Sweep the chimney before use
• Ensure a fireguard is in front of the fire at all times
• Sparkguards can prevent a serious property fire
• Extinguish the fire before going to bed or leaving the house
• Never use petrol or paraffin to light your fire
• Make sure you have a working smoke alarm and check it works regularly
For information on how to reduce the risk of chimney fires visit Cornwall Council’s website