Living room wrecked after tea light blaze
A family's living room was wrecked after an unattended tea light melted through the plastic of an electric fire and set it ablaze.
Firefighters from Crownhill tackled the fire at the house in the north of Plymouth early yesterday.
The blaze, which had spread through the rest of the living room, was prevented from going further when the family was woken up by a smoke detector.
Watch manager Dave Marsh said: "Put candles on a candle holder and make sure they are out when you go to bed."