Neighbours name Camborne couple and their daughter who died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
DEVASTATED neighbours and friends of an elderly couple and their daughter in Camborne have paid tribute to the family.
John Cook, aged 90, his 86-year-old wife Audrey and their 46-year-old daughter Maureen were found dead yesterday from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in their static caravan at Tremarle Home Park in North Roskear.
Their family dog, a five-year-old Jack Russell called Jannie also died in the incident.
It is understood the family may have been using a heater to keep warm as the region experienced freezing conditions overnight into the weekend.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
Today shocked neighbours and friends of the family paid tribute to the "lovely" couple and
their "gentle" daughter who had been living in the park community for about 40 years.
Fighting back tears, friend Judith Clarke told the West Briton: "They were a nice family
who kept themselves to themselves.
"Maureen was a gentle soul who looked after her mum and dad.
"She loved her dog and she always used to fuss my dog Poppy as she walked by.
"I am absolutely gutted and it's hard to believe they are gone."
Friend Julie Boon, age 55, said the whole community was left shocked and devastated.
She knew the family for 20 years. She said: "I saw Maureen and her mum on Thursday morning when they were walking their dog.
"Maureen asked about my dog Rusko and her mum commented on the cold weather and then they
went. That's the last time I saw them.
"They were a lovely family who loved their dog and their home. The whole community is
shocked and devastated."
Neighbour Margaret Holmes described them as a "quiet family".
She said: "We are devastated; you just don't expect something like this to happen on your doorstep."
And another neighbour Debbie Barkle, aged 53, added: "It was a bit of a shock.
"I often saw them walking their dog and Maureen sometimes stopped to bring some rabbit
food for my pet rabbits."
Firefighters, police and a specialist hazardous material adviser were called to the caravan
on Saturday lunchtime after the family failed to respond to knocks on the door
from the couple's helper who became worried.
Inspector David Eldridge of Devon and Cornwall Police, said: "Shortly before 1pm we were called to a caravan park near Camborne in Cornwall, where a
helper had been unable to get a reply from an elderly couple who lived in the caravan.
"We were able to see that there was a figure sitting in a chair, but the occupants
were unresponsive to knocks at the door. Cornwall fire and rescue were called.
They forced entry into the property and found that the three people were all
A spokesman for Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service confirmed carbon monoxide poisoning was believed to have caused the deaths.