Fire at the Pandora Inn
Firefighters were called to the 13th Century Pandora Inn near Falmouth following a chimney fire at the pub which was previously destroyed in a major blaze.
Staff were evacuated from the historical building at Restronguet at around 11am today after seeing black smoke coming from the chimney into the restaurant.
The fire was out as fire crews from Falmouth arrived at the scene. They inspected the flues to ensure that the fire had not spread.
The pub was reduced to a blackened shell during a fire in March 2011 but re-opened a year later.
Buy one get one free on main course and specials excludes fillet steaks and beef Wellington
Must book to qualify 01209 860332 and present voucher on arrival
Mon- Thur 6-9pm
Contact: 01209 700617
Valid until: Saturday, December 21 2013
Restaurant supervisor, Daryl Medlyn, said the fire was out very quickly, adding: "I think there was a small amount of soot in the chimney that caused a small fire.
"The fire service were called and staff were evacuated. It was early in the day and only a small number of people were in the building. The fires are being swept and checked over."