Patients moved from Royal Cornwall Hostpital ward after fire
Patients on a ward at the Royal Cornwall Hospital, at Truro, had to be moved yesterday after a small electrical fire.
Firefighters from Truro were alerted to the incident, in an electrical room on the ground floor of the hospital's five-storey tower block, shortly after 8am.
Crews used a thermal imaging camera to locate the fire which was then put out with three carbon dioxide extinguishers.
Hospital chief executive Lezli Boswell said: "This morning we had a small electrical fire on Phoenix Ward in the tower block at Treliske Hospital. The fire service were called and contained the fire quickly.
10% Oil Fired Central Heating Servicing and Repair OAP and Armed...View details
Beat the Cornish weather with this great oil fired central heating servicing and repair offer from JonnyOilman. 10% Discount on servicing and repair of oil fired boilers in mid and west Cornwall
Terms: Armed Forces and OAPs Only
Contact: 0800 9558559
Valid until: Wednesday, June 26 2013
"No patients were harmed but they were moved from Phoenix Ward to another empty ward for their comfort and ongoing care.
"Due to the electrical fire we were without power for a short time in a part of the tower block but this has been resolved and we now have power supply in all areas.
"We are open for business as usual and experiencing no delays in the provision of emergency care in our usual way. Our staff have responded brilliantly to this situation, and I would like to express my thanks for all their efforts."