Portreath's popular firework beach display cancelled
This year’s Portreath firework display has been cancelled because of a lack of volunteer marshals to work on the night.
Organiser, Doris Butler said she was forced to abandon the event, that attracts around 2,000 visitors, after no one came forward to marshal the site.
She said: “The police are no longer able to marshal the display. I need 16 marshals, who all have to be trained, costing £60 each, and with a commitment that they will work next year as well.
“Sadly no one has come forward so I cannot run the display which has been going for around 12 years.”
FREE Home staging included with your 1% Commission!View details
1% Commission FREE Home staging advice http://www.kerbappealz.co.uk
Terms: Home staging advice given on instruction to sell your property
Contact: 01736 332076
Valid until: Saturday, December 14 2013
She said last year’s public donations were also down by £500.
“I don’t know whether this was the climate on the night or because of the Heartlands firework display, but that was on a different night.”