Reminder to sweep chimneys after Penzance chimney fire
A PENZANCE fire fighter has advised home owners to sweep their chimneys following a fire at Trengwainton yesterday.
Penzance Fire Station sent one appliance to Naceglos Lodge shortly before 8pm last night, taking an hour to tackle the blaze.
Crew manager Ian Neal said Penzance firefighters have to attend an average of one or two fires a week at this time of year as people light their chimneys for the the first time.
He said: "We'd advise people to have their chimney swept prior to lighting them for the first time. It has started to spike now because of the cold snap.
Great Quality & Low Prices: Duchy Locally Grown Decking – only...View details
Ready for the Bank Holiday, why not buy our own locally grown decking? With a Natural finish in Larch or Spruce it’s also PEFC Certified so you can be sure it’s from sustainable sources in the SW.
Terms: Offer is only valid until 30th June 2013. Only redeemable at Duchy Timber, Downend, Lostwithiel, PL22 0RB. Whilst Stocks Last.
Contact: 01208 220609
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
"When people first light their fires, they could be blocked with soot or by things coming down the other way, like debris or a bird's nest."