Residents escape house fire near Indian Queens
Residents had to flee their house after a kitchen fire started this morning.
Two fire engines from St Dennis and one from St Columb were sent to a report of smoke issuing from the kitchen of a house at Higher Fraddon, near Indian Queens, at 6am.
An ambulance attended and paramedics treated one person who was suffering the slight effects of smoke inhalation.
Firefighters wearing breathing gear entered the two-storey mid-terraced property to extinguish the fire using one hose.
Free DT333 System Phone with all New NCP Panasonic Business...View details
Make Sure Your Business In Cornwall Chooses The Correct Business Telephone System At The Most Competitive Price.
Approved Panasonic Telecommunications Installer.
Terms: Terms: Please Quote This Genuine Offer When Booking An Appointment With Your Telecommunication Engineer. We Also Offer A Demonstration Of The Proposed System Please Ask For This Free Service
Contact: 01726 213808
Valid until: Monday, March 31 2014
The occupants had working smoke detectors that alerted them to the fire and, with the help of neighbours were able to evacuate safely.
See http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=7270 for more information on smoke alarms.