Top Roseland hotel evacuated after boiler room fire
The owner of one of Cornwall's most luxurious hotels has praised the actions of staff, guests and the emergency services after a fire broke out in its boiler room. Firefighters were called to the prestigious Nare Hotel, near Veryan on the Roseland peninsula, shortly after 9.30am on Thursday. A member of staff quickly put out the flames using a dry powder extinguisher before the arrival of the fire service. Fire crews, who helped ventilate the hotel, found the fire had involved wires and trunking in the boiler room and remained on scene until an electrical engineer made it safe. Hotel owner Toby Ashworth said guests had been evacuated but had been back "having a cup of tea" within an hour. The fire had left them without power, which had been switched to a generator. Mr Ashworth said: "I'd like to praise members of staff, who did all the right things at the right time, and the emergency services, who came out so quickly."
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013