Spontaneous combustion may have caused Stithians barn blaze
Spontaneous combustion may have caused a barn fire in Stithians last night.
Two fire appliances from Falmouth Community Fire Station were mobilised to the incident just before 8pm and on arrival crews found a small barn to be on fire it and is believed to have spread from round bales of hay stored in the barn.
The crews used two sets of breathing apparatus and two hosereels to extinguish the fire.
Cornwall Fire and Rescue said the possible cause for ignition was that the hay bales were wet when stored and spontaneously combuste
Fantastic offer at Swanson Ford, Newton Abbot. 3 Years FREE Servicing and 5 Years Warranty available on your BRAND NEW FORD FIESTA with the AWARD WINNING ECOBOOST ENGINE!!!
Terms: Limited stock available. Only whilst stock lasts
Contact: 01626 240583
Valid until: Tuesday, December 24 2013