St Austell house fire - two hurt
Two people have been hurt in a house fire in Trevanion Road, St Austell, last night.
Emergency services were called at around 11pm on Saturday evening and two fire appliances attended, one from St Austell and another from Mevagissey. Fire fighters tackled the blaze on the first floor of the property and were able to evacuate all the occupants.
A total of 18 fire fighters were involved in the evacuation and extinguishing the fire, using two hose reels. The two casualties have been treated for burns.
Update: Sunday evening
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
Since first reports of the fire came through, Devon & Cornwall Police have announced that that are investigating the circumstances of the fire. According to the police "One line of enquiry that is being followed up is that the fire might have been caused inadvertently by two males reportedly sniffing butane gas in a room shortly before the fire broke out."
They added: "Two males remain in a serious condition in hospital with burn injuries. At this time the injuries do not appear life threatening."