Truro City boss and staff pledge to stay on at troubled club
Truro City manager Lee Hodges and his coaching staff of Dave Newton, Ian Leigh and Deba Sidhu have confirmed that they will stay with the financially troubled club for at least another month.
The club entered administration last week and its future is hanging in the balance, but the news that Hodges and his staff will stay is a welcome boost.
However, it is unclear whether all the players will follow suit.
Keeper Tim Sandercombe has been approached by Oxford City and a decision is expected within two days, while Ben Adlesbury, who is currently injured, is wanted by Eastbourne Borough.
BRAND NEW FORD B-MAX ZETEC 1.0 ECOBOOST FOR ONLY £7685*View details
DRIVE AWAY A BRAND NEW FORD B-MAX ZETEC FOR ONLY £7685.
1.0 100PS Manual
Electric Windows & Mirrors
Quickclear Heated Windscreen
15" Alloy Wheels
Bluetooth with Ford Sync
*Drive away from only £7685 and then pay nothing for 24 months!
Contact: 01626 240583
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
The midfielder has resumed running, and may possibly ready for subs bench this Saturday against Bromley if he stays.
Speculation about the future of Les Afful is also rife.
Hodges said: "We had a meeting with the administrator on Thursday and the situation basically boils down to everyone having to decide within the next few days whether or not they are to stay on or leave the club.
"I have said to them all that I hope they will choose to stay but that I will obviously understand if they choose to leave. The situation on the playing side should be a lot clearer by the end of the week.
"I am hopeful that we will be able to field a team for this Saturday (at home to Bromley in league), and it will be really important to get as many supporters as we can into the ground for that game.
"The administrator has explained that with a good gate it should be possible to pay the boys some of that."
Last Saturday City crashed to an abject 8-0 defeat at Maidenhead Utd.
Commenting on the defeat Hodges said: "It was the proverbial game of two halves. The boys had done fantastically well at the start of the season and they could really have done with a break, or at least to have some fresh faces available to come on, but of course we haven't got any.
"They have given it their all, but after the first half at Maidenhead (1-0 at half-time) they just weren't at the races.
"I think everything caught up with them and their minds were elsewhere, which was disappointing.
"I said to the lads afterwards that if it does turn out to be the last game for some of them it will have been a very disappointing way to sign off.
"I think we will still have some of the first team players available for Saturday, and as I say it is really important now to get as many people as possible in to see that match."