Water pours from ceiling after fire at Redgate home
THERE was a moment of confusion at a house near Liskeard yesterday evening when the owner lit a wood burner and then water started coming through the ceiling.
It emerged that the chimney of the stove had caught fire, bursting a water pipe.
The fire service were called and nine firemen and two engines were called to the house in Redgate at 7.30pm.
A fire spokeswoman said: “On the crews’ arrival, they extinguished the fire in the wood burner and used a stirrup pump and chimney rods to clear the fire.
Fantastic offer at Swanson Ford, Newton Abbot. 3 Years FREE Servicing and 5 Years Warranty available on your BRAND NEW FORD FIESTA with the AWARD WINNING ECOBOOST ENGINE!!!
Terms: Limited stock available. Only whilst stock lasts
Contact: 01626 240583
Valid until: Tuesday, December 24 2013
“The water coming through the living room ceiling was affecting the electrics in the building, firefighters isolated the electricity supply until an emergency electrician and plumber attended the scene to make the property safe.”