Woman and dogs die in suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
A woman and three dogs have died in a suspected incident of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Emergency services were called to an address on Bedford Road, St Ives, Cornwall, at 8.45am following a report of a sudden death.
They arrived to find the 62-year-old woman and her dogs had died in the property.
A builder working on an extension at Treliska Guest House is believed to have found the woman at the property yesterday morning and then alerted a close friend and neighbour.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013
Police and fire crews were called to the terraced property in the morning and immediately cordoned off the bottom of the street.
Police were last night waiting to confirm the identity of the woman, but friends and neighbours named her as Gillian Adams.
Her death has left people in the town shocked and mourning a friend and neighbour they described as "the most caring woman you could meet".
Shocked neighbours said they regularly saw her walking her two labradors and a King Charles spaniel.
Lizzie Newbury, who runs the Wheal Sara florist five doors down from the Treliska, said: "People always say that, but she genuinely was. She put everyone before herself and looked after everyone."
Friends say Mrs Adams cooked for and looked in on her elderly neighbours daily and was the hub of a little community within a community at the bottom of Bedford Road.
Neighbour Ron Watkins said: "There are so many second homes here that there are only eight or nine residents in this part of the street and we are our own little community. I am so shocked."
The Treliska guesthouse describes itself on its website as a "stylish, friendly and relaxed guesthouse ... close to St Ives seafront, restaurants and galleries".
Police, Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service and the Health and Safety Executive are now carrying out an investigation.