Fire breaks out in ground-floor kitchen
A fire at a shop in Union Street, Torquay, was doused by firefighters yesterday lunchtime.
Two fire engines and the aerial ladder platform from Torquay were sent to the fire, in the ground floor kitchen of the two-storey building, at 12.20pm.
Four officers wearing breathing sets entered the premises and extinguished the fire with a jet.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said the fire had started accidentally.
Free DT333 System Phone with all New NCP Panasonic Business...View details
Make Sure Your Business In Cornwall Chooses The Correct Business Telephone System At The Most Competitive Price.
Approved Panasonic Telecommunications Installer.
Terms: Terms: Please Quote This Genuine Offer When Booking An Appointment With Your Telecommunication Engineer. We Also Offer A Demonstration Of The Proposed System Please Ask For This Free Service
Contact: 01726 213808
Valid until: Monday, March 31 2014
The kitchen had what a spokesman called "moderate damage". Fire crews also used a thermal imaging camera to check for remaining hotspots.