Fire broke out in laundry room of Sands Resort hotel near Newquay
A fire broke out at a hotel near Newquay this morning.
At 11am firefighters were called to Sands Resort on Watergate Road after smoke was seen coming from the laundry room.
Two fire crews scrambled to the building. When they arrived the fire had already been extinguished.
A representative from Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus inspected the area, confirmed the fire was out and then proceeded to ventilate the area.”