Two occupants led to safety
THREE FIRE crews attended a blaze at a bungalow in St Minver in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Firefighters from Wadebridge, Delabole and Bodmin tackled the fire, which reportedly started in the roof of the property in Menefreda Way at around 1.30am.
The two occupants of the house were evacuated and led to safety, but Delabole Fire Station manager Mark Saltern believed there was extensive roof damage to the property.
Around 20 firefighters attended the scene, strapping on specialist breathing equipment and using four hose reels to deal with the fire, which was under control within an hour.
Fantastic offer at Swanson Ford, Newton Abbot. 3 Years FREE Servicing and 5 Years Warranty available on your BRAND NEW FORD FIESTA with the AWARD WINNING ECOBOOST ENGINE!!!
Terms: Limited stock available. Only whilst stock lasts
Contact: 01626 240583
Valid until: Tuesday, December 24 2013
After investigation it was confirmed that the fire started due to a fault with the main electrical cable going into the house.