Fire rips through house in Nanpean
Cornwall Fire and Rescue service has warned of the importance of smoke alarms after a fire ripped through a house in Nanpean early this morning.
Fire engines from St Dennis and St Austell stations were called to the blaze on St Georges Road at around 3am after smoke alarms in adjoining properties alerted neighbours to the fire.
Upon arrival firefighters found the hallway of the semi-detached house ablaze.
Fortunately no one was inside the house during the fire, yet two neighbours had to be taken to hospital for smoke inhalation.
Free DT333 System Phone with all New NCP Panasonic Business...View details
Make Sure Your Business In Cornwall Chooses The Correct Business Telephone System At The Most Competitive Price.
Approved Panasonic Telecommunications Installer.
Terms: Terms: Please Quote This Genuine Offer When Booking An Appointment With Your Telecommunication Engineer. We Also Offer A Demonstration Of The Proposed System. Please Ask For This Free Service
Contact: 01726 213808
Valid until: Monday, March 31 2014
A spokesman for Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus were committed to the building and used a high pressure hose reel to extinguish the fire. The premises was then ventilated using the positive pressure fan after the building was completely searched by Fire & Rescue personnel.
“The neighbours were alerted by the smoke alarms in the adjoining property, which once again highlights the importance of having working smoke alarms within your property.”
Cornwall Council has advice about smoke alarms, including where to put them, how to fit them and how to test them on their website.