Two treated for smoke inhalation after fire at Grampound Road chalet
TWO people have been treated for smoke inhalation after a chalet fire this morning.
The blaze broke out at around 8.40am at a property on a farm at Grampound Road, near Grampound.
Two people were believed to have made their way out of the chalet when fire crews from St Dennis and St Austell arrived. They were treated for smoke inhalation but were not thought to have suffered serious injuries.
An extra fire team from Truro and a water carrier from Wadebridge were also sent to the scene.
Fantastic offer at Swanson Ford, Newton Abbot. 3 Years FREE Servicing and 5 Years Warranty available on your BRAND NEW FORD FIESTA with the AWARD WINNING ECOBOOST ENGINE!!!
Terms: Limited stock available. Only whilst stock lasts
Contact: 01626 240583
Valid until: Tuesday, December 24 2013
The crews used breathing apparatus and hose reels to extinguish the fire, which had taken hold of a single storey chalet.
A spokesperson for the Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said the flames had now been put out and fire fighters were still on the scene damping down.